[Magdalen] Jesus can only reveal hinself in wheat.... ???

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:22:24 UTC 2017

I think they're just reminding their priests of the existing rules about
proper matter for the Sacrament. But they've done so in a way that has
blown up into major headlines, so it now looks like a giant whirlwind about
minutiae.

The useful part of the current discussion on this is what indeed those with
celiac disease and other gluten- or wheat-related ailments are supposed to
do when it comes to receiving Holy Communion.

I presume the rule about gluten (that there needs to be some) is part of
making sure bread is used and not a rice cake or something else.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA