[Magdalen] home from Chicago

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 20:43:45 UTC 2017

Bill and I are home from a great trip to Chicago.  We navigated the CTA red
line for 2 round trips. We enjoyed the pandemonium of Taste of Chicago, a
really cheap way to eat if you don't mind huge crowds or messy fingers.  I
ate Thai food and Bill had a deep dish pizza slice, we both had Eli's
cheese cake covered with chocolate ad crunchies.  We spent 2 nights in the
Palmer House. what a beautiful hotel!  Went to church at a loft space kind
of minimalist church decorating but well done furnishings and liturgy.
Grace Church on south Dearborn.  The preacher was a 20 something lay woman
who preached about the difficulties of "come to me all you....and you shall
find rest."   It was a very good sermon.

We took the el to Wrigley Field and watched the Cubs play like they did in
the 50s and 60s..(Badly)

On Monday I got to check one more thing off my bucket list, we toured
Wrigley Field.

Today I am resting!

Judy

--