[Magdalen] home from Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:47:45 UTC 2017

Now that you're back from there, I can mention the fascinating but
stomach-churning article I read once about The Juice, which is what the
festival workers call the massive amounts of liquid they encounter at the
bottoms of all the rubbish bins. They go home smelling like The Juice and
apparently never forget the stench. :) Of course, it's a mixture of
absolutely everything liquid from all the marvelous foods consumed at the
festival, plus everything else one can imagine people putting in the bins.
Yay!

I had a colleague in Lansing, Mich., who asked friends all year to donate
coffee cans (Maxwell House, I think) so she could turn them in for food
tickets at Taste of Chicago. I hope she took back samples for the
coffee-can donors! Not samples of The Juice...just tasty foods that travel
well.

Glad you got to Grace Place...a friend plays the piano there on a Saturday
evening for the Lutheran Loop ministry of Holy Trinity ELCA. It's basically
a student ministry, as the Loop has become one of the nation's largest
college campuses (with residence halls for DePaul, Columbia College,
Roosevelt, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and more)..

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA