[Magdalen] Full Communion with the USA Methodists?

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:38:20 UTC 2017

I had occasion many years ago to concelebrate two Eucharists with Morton Kelsey at a Church of the Savior event. They use grape juice, and Kelsey had asked to use non-alcoholic woe, which they permitted. He said he always uses that, because he doesn't want to put any barriers up for folks with substance abuse issues. But he said some have told him that even that causes difficulty, because it tastes like regular wine.
But I was interested in his thinking about it.
I've had folks touch the chalice or even kiss it, and I always stop in front of them and say the words of administration, whether they do that or not. They're still receiving the grace of the sacrament, and it doesn't single them out.