[Magdalen] And the rent increase is...

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 03:19:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:07 PM Molly Wolf <lupa at kos.net> wrote:

> I would add that purpose-built dream houses are often hard to sell.  And
> building a house is incredibly stressful; it would be particularly hard on
> you, Scott (constant rapid-fire decision-making, plus the need to be tough
> on contractors) and would drive StY's perfectionism into mania.  Don't do
> it. Honest.
>
> I've owned and renovated four houses and I'm only a homeowner because I
> have the equity to be mortgage-free.  And I love this house, although the
> current renovations (turning the front porch into a screen porch, are
> taking FOREVVVERRRR (although it's going to be so worth it!)
>
> Find an apartment with its own washer/dryer.  It's possible.
>
> Molly
>
> The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no
> other way. -- Mark Twain

What Molly said. All but two of the apartments I lived in as a travel
nurse, as well as the one I settled in when I moved to Richmond, had
washer/dryer combos in them.

And also what she said about building a house. You and StY would come close
to killing each other before you were through. I watched my hairdressers go
through it, and they didn't have near the competing issues, nor was either
one of them a perfectonist. You do NOT want to do that, trust me. Get your
issues mediated and decide from there on what you really want.