[Magdalen] Jury Duty Anyone?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 01:34:44 UTC 2017

Many states do not impose the death penalty. I live in one of them,.

New Hampshire is the only New England state that allows capital punishment
but has not executed anyone since 1939.
-M

On Thursday, July 13, 2017, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> The death penalty is illegal throughout Europe. I understand that in the
> USA in a trial where the death penalty is a possibility the jurors have to
> say, before the trial, that they are not opposed to the death penalty on
> principle. There seems to have been a failure of process here.

I seems likely that this juror might have felt the death penalty
inappropriate in *this* case. Most people who say they're opposed can
imagine or describe a crime that would overwhelm their opposition.