[Magdalen] What are we reading?

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jul 22 16:21:08 UTC 2017

I can't read lying down, but I have one of those "sit up in bed" pillows
(which usually ends up with me in a neck-bending slump), and my trifocals
work fine (though I need a new exam and order -- always get mine online --
so cheap!).  I get hardened "transition" lenses (both between the "focals"
and from light to dark) for $150, in a rimless titanium frame.  Works for
me.  I also struggle with The New Yorker -- the writing is so good that I
end up reading almost from cover to cover, even stuff I didn't think I'd be
interested in, and it takes a LONG time to get through even one issue.  I
kind of wish it were a monthly, but then it would be 4 times as large.
Sigh.  Too much good reading is a problem I'll settle for.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu