[Magdalen] Further musings...

sheila ketler ketbears at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 13:19:34 UTC 2017

Hello everyoneChristmas will be interesting to say the least. The director of music is organist at an Anglican parish she got the job I applied for. The only reason I am at St. Denis is because she can't play the morning Masses on a Sunday due to her other job. She plays one Mass only and that is the Sunday afternoon one but she gets all of the funerals and all of the weddings.I know she has been at the church for 15 years and is contracted with the Anglicans for one year. Worst-case scenario is if they don't renew contract (it is up in November...) at which time I will be politely shown the door.. So I may be worryingunecessarily I may not even be there then...We have 3 organists currently... one does Saturday afternoon Mass (and he is a great sub organist I use him when I goaway on weekends..) Then I do two Sunday morning services.. and then the t hird one does the last service.It will be up to the new priest how he will handle Christmas... It is up to her to staff it but I will speak with her privately as I prefer to do the morning and late afternoon services she will be in Welland in the morning she could do the lateafternoon one but then she will do two evening services in Welland so the midnight mass is up for grabs...No idea how this will play out - Father Ben begins next Sunday and I will be away... no idea how many changes he is going to bring...
I am just working along as we go along... not making plans as one never knows how things will shape up...
Sheila