[Magdalen] Paris accord

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 20:45:41 UTC 2017

I watched some extensive coverage via the BBC and Tagesschau.de when
the Paris Agreement was finalized, and I remember how momentous the
occasion was, how relieved and happy the meeting participants looked,
and how proud everyone was of the accord, the planet's best hope for a
better ecology.

None of which is appreciated or probably even known by our governing
booboisie. We're really at a historic low point in the USA, and I'm
sorry to be seeing it. Every day there's a fresh hell to deal with:
no, maybe not on the local level, but we've always been able to trust
certain things about our national leadership (checks and balances,
other things that help prevent craziness). Not any more. We could well
become a giant banana republic...or perhaps break up, even. Heaven
forbid...

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA