[Magdalen] Paris Accord /Fwd: I belong

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:25:23 UTC 2017

Love it. Bundeskanzlerin Merkel can also speak in English but doesn't very
often. I think she spoke in English to the U.K. House of Commons. Making
the effort is so appreciated. There's a YouTube of a visit by Mark
Zuckerberg to China and on TV he starts speaking Chinese and even answering
questions, and you can feel the thrill of the audience. He isn't fluent but
the gesture was deeply appreciated. Pres. Obama recently visited Germany
and greeted a crowd with a simple Guten Tag, and they went wild.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:04 AM Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> In a message dated 6/2/2017 8:34:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> houstonklr at gmail.com writes:
>
> It is my  hope that our country may surprise the world and many companies
> will  continue to operate under the tenants of the Paris accord.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> It was amazing that the French Prime Minister, Macron, gave a
> speech aimed at the USA in ENGLISH!
>
> The French are very proud of their language, and so this oral open
> letter was remarkable in that he had broken through that tradition
> and recognized the best way to communicate with Americans is
> via English.
>
> It's also remarkable that he so fluent in English.
>
> Can you picture Trump giving a speech in French?
>

> David S.
>

> --
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA