[Magdalen] Comey testifying

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 00:41:18 UTC 2017

You're right about Nixon, Christopher.

I have to confess that I don't even understand the point of impeachment. It doesn't get the person put of office--in fact, as far as I can tell, absolutely nothing changes.

It seems the only way you can get a president out of office is to invoke the 25th Amendment, which won't happen with this Congress, or for him to actually be convicted of a felony. And even in that case, with the likelihood of never ending appeals, a president's full term would be served before anything was actually done.

If I sound cynical, it's because I am.
No one seems to have the will or the courage to stand up as the pieces of our government are being dismantled and our rights eroded, one by one.  You know the story of the frog in the pot of slowly heating water--that's where I think we are, and no one seems willing to turn off the heat or take the pot off the stove.