[Magdalen] Comey testifying

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 00:48:57 UTC 2017

Impeachment is the House's formal charge(s); the Senate then tries the
accused and if it convicts, the president is removed from office.

"The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United
States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction
of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."--
Constitution of the U.S.

So the point of impeachment is to formally charge the official with
one or more of these offenses, so the Senate can then try the official
on the charges.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA