[Magdalen] Prescription shift

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 19:10:09 UTC 2017

Another good reason for my dear partner to deal with the local
Walgreen's in OKC. And easier. I could have stuffed pill bottles with
cotton, but I'm sure FedEx has x-rays they can use to see what's
really inside.

A late friend of mine in Michigan used to ask me to buy and send him
two bottles of Gilka kummel, a caraway liqueur that tastes like liquid
pumpernickel (quite delicious in moderation). It's not on the State of
Michigan's liquor list, and that state's government is the sole
wholesaler of alcohol, so if it's not on the list, it's effectively a
banned substance in Michigan. I found some at Sam's Wine (now
Binny's), a big-box liquor superstore, and my friend wanted me to
FedEx it and mark it as "printer's ink." :)

I did take two bottles to his house once when I was going to Michigan
to see my mom. Interstate smuggling of an illegal substance!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA