[Magdalen] Out of Sight/Out of Mind.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 04:59:36 UTC 2017

In my ongoing saga of unpacking long out of sight German
half-timbered buildings from sets ("fachwerk"), I pulled two
old friends this weekend.

They are (1) The Albrecht Durer Haus (1420) in the Old City at
Nuremberg, Germany.  This was a very hard kit for me as
I recall because the roof is so complex.  The great artist's
house is just below the Nuremberg Kaiserburg Fortress, and is open as
a museum.

(2)  The Alsfeld Town Hall (1512) .  This little city is well  known in
Hesse for its beers which I used to imbibe, but it turns out they have  a
very nice local mineral-water which they are very happy to serve
in the local restaurants as a replacement for beer.

Such memories!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alsfeld

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer%27s_House_
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_Dürer's_House)