[Magdalen] Heisse Himbeeren.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 14:52:44 UTC 2017

We celebrated finding a large bottle of raspberry sauce/syrup
which had been tucked away at the back of a storage cabinet, by
having some vanilla ice cream and hot raspberry topping.
It was wonderfully delicious with a strong residual tang and a
peppery aftertaste.

The sauce was a gift of our Polish neighbors who had picked it
up in the Polish areas of New Jersey.  Oddly, though this county
(Luzerne) of Pennsylvania is the most uniformly Polish in the USA,
we have no Polish specialty shops.

This raspberry syrup is a great favorite in Germany, as well,   and
the taste today brought back memories of a prominent vineyard
restaurant (Scloss Johannesburg) near Frankfurt/M that always
featured this item as a dessert selection.

It's a nice variation from the usual chocolate ice cream toppings.

David S.