[Magdalen] Eternal Father, Strong to Save

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 18:48:24 UTC 2017

I was reading of this and amid comments that the USN will investigate, one
higher-up was quoted as commenting that since a destroyer is adroit and
maneuverable, the question of how this could have happened is quite real.
My brother, an Annapolis grad, said that most commercial ships seem to lack
all but the barest essentials in seamanship. Still one wonders how a
destroyer could get hit....
Seven sailors drowned in place serving their country. We need some answers.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
​Former US Army grunt​, ret.