[Magdalen] A bit of SC Episcopal Church History

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 14:55:39 UTC 2017

A bit of Good Shepherd history: On June 27, 2013, Province IV Bishops
gathered at Grace Episcopal Church (now Cathedral) in Charleston, SC. The
agenda of this meeting included hearing the personal stories of restoration
of SC Episcopal worshiping communities which had lost their church homes in
the October 2012 schism in SC. These congregations were busy working toward
reinstatement as mission congregations in TECSC and The Episcopal Church.
At that time Good Shepherd was one of several SC worshiping communities to
share our work of reorganizing with the Province IV Bishops. Below is the
joyful video Good Shepherd presented to the Province IV Bishops in June
2013. Enjoy! Alleluia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-gif73O0g&feature=em-upload_owner&noredirect=1

Five congregations, including The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd,
Summerville, SC, were admitted as mission churches at the 224th Annual
Convention of TECSC.

Our journey continues.  We will have a new Priest in Charge in mid-July.
The Rev. Dow Sanderson has recently retired as Rector of Holy Communion,
Charleston will join us on July 16, 2017.

Alleluia, indeed!

Ginga Wilder

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>