[Magdalen] A bit of SC Episcopal Church History

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Jun 28 20:44:35 UTC 2017

Thanks be to God, Ginga!  How this little (now not so little) community has
flourished!  I wouldn't wish hardship on any parish or diocese, but we
Christians do seem to rally in the face of hardship and persecution.
Western New York lost one parish in the most recent (wow, over a decade ago
now!) "schism," a very large, flourishing parish, maybe comparable to your
former Summerville parish.  The diocese did a little work and turned the
large physical plant (which they left) into our new Diocesan Ministries
Center, and it was a very good thing for the diocese.  We now have moved
from a beautiful old mansion in the city of Buffalo (limited space and
parking) to a much more accessible, much larger and more accommodating
facility in the (near) suburbs.where very large (200+) groups can gather
for festive diocesan-wide events.  More proof that "all will be well and
all will be well...."

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY