[Magdalen] Student Ministry News.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 16:32:56 UTC 2017

In a message dated 3/3/2017 7:40:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Oh,  David, I sincerely hope the building is nothing like the National
Shrine....>>>>>>

I'm with you on that.  I haven't been able to locate any
interior drawings/pictures yet, and I'm very curious.
It does seem that they are building a rather substantial
building with a rather dated exterior look.  GOK what
the interior will be.

The previous chapel, the poured concrete "bunker"
was brutal beyond belief.  They may now be attempting to
make the new chapel as different as can be imagined.

There are three chapels representing three denominations
cheek by jowl in this block.  Calvary Lutheran Chapel  (LCMS),
a lovely rough cut stone English gothic building with a nice
tower was razed about 30 years ago to be replaced by a
small also concrete chapel and the rest of the lot became the
University Bookstore.  The remaining beautiful gothic
chapel (Presbyterian) has a tower modeled after All Saints,
Pavement, York, England, and survives the razing mania.
It's reminiscent of the Harkness Tower at Yale.

David S.