[Magdalen] Penny-pinching silliness

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sun Mar 5 02:42:16 UTC 2017

You're a wimp at penny-pinching.  I will go (and recently have gone) to
the "office" counter at WalMart to collect on a perfectly valid $1
coupon that the checker's computer refuses to recognize (humans can read
English: the computer can't, and the checker can't overrule it on
coupons -- only the spirits in the wires know why it was refused.)

I prefer to go to the supermarket 7.5 miles away on Wednesday, because
that's their day of the week for the 5% Senior Citizen discount, but
this week I had to go on Thursday for a couple of things, and since it
was "Banana Thursday" (I don't get bananas every time I go to the store,
but sometimes I do, rotating the "fruit" part of my diet)(I have no idea
why that particular store sells bananas cheap every Thursday)(19¢/lb) I
picked up five, which is about as many as I can go through in the time
before they're gone south.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net