[Magdalen] very interesting <no Anglican content>

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 10 23:38:34 UTC 2017

On 10/03/2017 16:36, Jay Weigel wrote:
> We do not like tilapia AT ALL. Tasteless and mushy.

I saw an interesting clip today on a new use for tilapia, or at least
its skin. Apparently there is a clinical trial in Brazil on the use of
sterilized tilapia skin instead of bandages in the treatment of burns
victims. The skin does not need to be replaced each day as bandages do
but will drop off naturally when the skin scars over. Initial results
are promising. Apparently in Brazil tilapia is popular so there's a
ready supply of the skin, though the processing is time-consuming.

http://plus55.com/brazil-culture/news/2017/03/brazilian-doctor-burn-victims-tilapia-skin

Roger