[Magdalen] Operation London Bridge

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Mar 16 17:41:13 UTC 2017

In a message dated 3/16/2017 1:26:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

Tears  will be shed, that is  certain.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I remember getting up early (Around 5 AM) to get
positioned in front of the large Victrola radio console
to listen to the short wave (remember that?) coverage
of the Coronation of Elizabeth II.

It's interesting, looking back, what impressed me most.
Musically it was the Parry, "I Was Glad" and, especially
the RVW "All People That On Earth Do Dwell," set to
the Old Hundreth tune.  The latter tune was familiar to
me from my Methodist youth, but in the equal quarter-
note rhythm.

My thought was essentially that the
Anglicans were worth checking out (the nearest
Episcopal Church was 45 miles away)
if they were able to produce such music.

And who says that music in the church doesn't count?

David S.