[Magdalen] Operation London Bridge

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:57:10 UTC 2017

Bob Rea wrote:

> My only regret with it is that it didn't detail the funeral liturgy.

One of the preparations, not listed in the article I think, is the prayers
that will be published, and used on various occasions between the
announcement and the day of the funeral, e.g. prayers to use at public
worship on the Sunday after the anouncement. These have all been written
by the Liturgical Commission, approved by Buckingham Palace, and sit
waiting to be distributed when they are needed. Similarly there are
documents on local services and other national services, not just the
funeral. And not just for the Queen, of course, but also for the Duke of
Edinburgh, and for other senior members of the family.

Me -- I'm one step ahead, as I am working on a book on Coronations, one of
which will surely follow.

simon
who as a member of the CofE's Liturgical Commission is privy to some of
this -- we had an update on it at our last meeting

--
Simon Kershaw
simon at kershaw.org.uk
Saint Ives, Cambridgeshire