[Magdalen] Changing Tastes.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:08:21 UTC 2017

The Macy's bastids promised they'd keep the Christmas displays Jordan Marsh
had always had, wonderful miniature displays with trains and Santas and gas
lamps and glowing windows and snow falling. And then the very first
Christmas after the takeover they reneged.

There are still locals who mourn the demise of Jordan's bakery, with its
surprisingly good blueberry muffins. And the book department. And the
stationery department. I remember buying paint there for our first
apartment.

When our Macy's finally closes, some here will celebrate, I think.
-M