[Magdalen] Prayer Request--Amber Alert

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 22:46:05 UTC 2017

Most of you in the US will probably have heard of this case by now if you
watch the national news or look at internet news sites. I'm sharing it
because as the mother of a daughter it weighs on my heart, and because
she's a Tennessee girl.

I ask your prayers for the safe return of Mary Catherine Elizabeth "Beth"
Thomas, who was taken by her health science teacher last week from Maury
County, TN. She is 15 years old and he is 50. She is from a troubled family
situation--her mother was charged over a year ago with child abuse and
neglect, I don't know the circumstances, and does not live with the
family--and there is reason to believe that the teacher, Tad Cummins, has
been "grooming" her for some time. He was dismissed from the school system
after his inappropriate relationship with her became known to the system,
but her father wasn't notified soon enough, apparently. Cummins disappeared
with her last Monday and there has been only one possible sighting of them
since. It is listed as an aggravated kidnaping because he is known to be
armed with two handguns and because she is underage, and there is a
nationwide Amber Alert. Please pray for her safe return.