[Magdalen] Now, a related thread - was, Anxiety?, House vote, Blah, Blah.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Mar 28 05:43:40 UTC 2017

On 3/24/17 5:47 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:

> At his desk today in the Oval Office.

I'm not sure what he said that he never said, but in the last couple of
days, he has said that he never said that repealing/replacing Obamacare
would be _easy_, which was another thing that the Liberals were laughing
about his saying that he never said.

(I never said that he wasn't any of several varieties of crazy or a
liar: a couple of things that I have said are that he wasn't/isn't
suitable to be a President (nor is/was Hillary, IMHO)).  I've also said
that his principles are not really Republican principles, no matter what
party he won with.  But really, guys, keep it straight about what it was
that he did say that he never said!

One other point going in this thread is that when you're being all
triumphalist about the Republican replacement for Obamacare failing, you
should remember that a fair number of Republican Conservatives are
against that bill because they (sorta, kinda, "we", because my own
opinions on the matter are mixed) want Obamacare _abolished_, without
replacement: obliterated: back to the way things were before it passed
Congress, and weren't going to accept the watered-down compromise.
Others, more conciliatory, settled on "Ryancare", and voted for it, but
the ones who hated Obamacare more refused to vote for the replacement.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net