[Magdalen] Now, a related thread - was, Anxiety?, House vote, Blah, Blah.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 28 13:30:00 UTC 2017

>>>I'm not sure what he said that he never said, but in the last couple of
days, he has said that he never said that repealing/replacing Obamacare
would be _easy_, which was another thing that the Liberals were laughing
about his saying that he never said.<<<

We called him out on saying he never said it would be easy, because he spent over a year crowing that it would be.   And when he lied about never having said it would be, that lie alone was near the end of the ordeal when it was too late to say anything other.

>>>(I never said that he wasn't any of several varieties of crazy or a
liar: a couple of things that I have said are that he wasn't/isn't
suitable to be a President (nor is/was Hillary, IMHO)).  I've also said
that his principles are not really Republican principles, no matter what
party he won with.  But really, guys, keep it straight about what it was
that he did say that he never said!<<<

We do.  See above.

>>>One other point going in this thread is that when you're being all
triumphalist about the Republican replacement for Obamacare failing, you
should remember that a fair number of Republican Conservatives are
against that bill because they (sorta, kinda, "we", because my own
opinions on the matter are mixed) want Obamacare _abolished_, without
replacement: obliterated: back to the way things were before it passed
Congress, and weren't going to accept the watered-down compromise.
Others, more conciliatory, settled on "Ryancare", and voted for it, but
the ones who hated Obamacare more refused to vote for the replacement.<<<

"Would have voted", that is.  The only vote taken early in the week was procedural only.

Our (admittedly temporary) sigh of relief (we're "triumphalist" only in the sense that the more the mental and moral defective who is the president keeps piling on the proof that he needs to be removed from office, or run away scared beforehand, whichever he chooses, -- the better) is about the "defeat" of the very two GOP factions to which you refer:  one wants to yank healthcare from tens of millions of people, and the other hates the fact that they ever got it in the first place.  Either way, both represent desiring the ill will, ill health, and (without adequate medical care) many times death of the very people they work for.  Representative government:  yeah right.