[Magdalen] Last day of March

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:26:16 UTC 2017

Today is the last day of (Scott Knitter's and) my employment with HPE
(Hewlett Packard Enterprise), a relatively new corporate confection
split from relatively venerable HP. On Monday, we will be doing the
same work at the very, very new DXC company. As far as I can tell, its
"name" comes from an acronym previously unused on the NYSE. Since
2013, when I left my husband's company after 25 years, on Monday I
will have worked on the same CMS government contract but under the
aegis of 4 different companies. Sic transit Monday.

Last Tuesday, I received a clean bill of health (pulmonary aorta clot
dissolved, heart back to normal) from the cardiologist. However, the
a-fib remains. After discussion of options with 2 cardiologists, I
will undergo an a-fib ablation on July 12 in Charlottesville. Drugs
are not ideal because of my low bp/heart rate.

Moving to a different topic, the Diocese of Virginia Regions
(convocations in other dioceses) are undergoing a change. Trinity
Church, Washington has historically (since 1973) been in the Piedmont
area of Virginia (roughly east-side foothills of the Blue Ridge in
northern Virginia). Our region has been very active in a number of
missions, most recently a church, trade school, and self-supporting
agricultural initiatives in Trouin, Haiti. The diocese, region, and
individual churches also support a bi-lingual (Spanish-English) in
Loudoun county, St. Gabriel's Church, doing amazing work with the
Latinx population.

Status report on a dark, rainy Friday -

gentle hugs & prayers to all - Cady