[Magdalen] Andrew Jackson joins Frederick Douglass.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:28:15 UTC 2017

From: "ME Michaud" <michaudme at gmail.com>
> Wait ... Do you remember The Ronald?
> There are so many similarities.
> -M

... not right out the door though?   ....and OTOH, his personality softened
it somewhat....

I can't imagine us  in the future when the Prez will be someone in their
later 40s or 50s.... Education, especially history, is NOT what it once was,
even though there's more of it than ever.

I remember being shocked in the late 90s during an American History text
revision (before I knew how perverted TX was about this, and how much they
effected the national textbook market) when they started eliminating 'stuff'
from the 1700s and adding in things like Desert Storm. What???

At least here in TX, the requirements for history (stop reading if I have
ranted about this previously) at the High School level are: 1 semester of
history - your choice (American or European), 1 semester of Government....
plus in their 12 years of grade school/middle/high, Texas History is taught
twice - a state requirement AND also a requirement in University.  What kind
of context of society from Ancient Greece through the 20C do you have with
one semester???

rant off...

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
"Either Freedom for all or stop talking about Freedom at all" from a talk by
Richard Rohr
"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress." F Douglass