[Magdalen] stuck at the drawbridge

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Tue May 2 23:11:15 UTC 2017

Yep.  Spent a good part of my youth being "railroaded," as we called it.
TH used to be called "the crossroads of the midwest" because of so many
railroad lines.  Lots of coal was mined and shipped out by train, too.
It's considerably better than it used to be for east-west trains with the
construction of big overpass roads on 3rd street and Fruitridge Ave.,
though they are on opposite ends of town.  The north-south lines, and the
tracks that run through the middle of town are still a problem.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have friends who live in Terre Haute, IN. They are constantly complaining
> about the trains there that hold up traffic.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>