[Magdalen] stuck at the drawbridge

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 3 03:21:56 UTC 2017

In a message dated 5/2/2017 7:11:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu writes:

Lots of  coal was mined and shipped out by train, too.
It's considerably better than  it used to be for east-west trains with the
construction of big overpass  roads on 3rd street and Fruitridge Ave.,
though they are on opposite ends  of town.  The north-south lines, and the
tracks that run through the  middle of town are still a
problem.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In case it is not well known, the railroads have been in
an awful two year slump because of the drop in the use
of coal in electric power plants.  Being such a fan of
railroads, then, I view Trump et al advocating back to coal
and cutting the environmental standards with mixed
emotions.

 I know in my
heart that it is a good thing to cut the coal, but I dearly
hope the railroads can develop other revenue.  When I
see the endless truck traffic on I-81 and I-80 that should
be on the rails, I shake my head.

david S.