[Magdalen] Calendar question

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue May 9 01:47:57 UTC 2017

I'm thinking the intent here is to stay close to the actual date but
celebrate the feast on a Sunday when many more parishioners can be
there. So to me, "a Sunday" would mean the Sunday before or after, or
another one nearby. But you're right that it doesn't say that
specifically, even though it could.

I just realized that this rubric allows our parish (Ascension) to
transfer the Ascension Day observance to Sunday. In another forum, the
general agreement was that we Episcopalians can't transfer it like the
RC Church often does. I seem to recall we've done it once or twice.
Normally we keep it on the Thursday, and our Bishop pontificates.

Not a big deal anyway, because the Sunday After Ascension Day has
readings highly appropriate to an Ascension observance anyway.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA