[Magdalen] Yates in 2020?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 9 04:25:35 UTC 2017

>>>Over and beyond the rather electrifying information in her
testimony, she was more than a match for the group of
US senators who were positively grilling her.
[snip]
I'm sure I am not the first person to have considered her as
a Democratic Party nominee, but I suspect I will not be the
last.  Of course, I'm assuming that she is a Democrat.<<<

Democrat, according to her Wikipedia article.

As for "grilling her", I'd say only a few did that, and of course they were Republicans.  I didn't get to view the whole thing, but my favorite moment of what I did see was when Sen John Kennedy (R-LA) asked both Yates and Clapper if they'd ever knowingly leaked classified or unclassified information to the media.  Clapper was called on to answer first, and he said that he'd not knowingly done that with classified information.  "And unclassified?"  Clapper looked bemused.  "Unclassified isn't leaking."  The room broke into laughter, and before it had died down, Clapper said something that included the word "nonsequitur".

Some congresspersonagenesses either need to learn how things really work, learn how not to ask stupid questions, ... or both.  (Preferrably both.)