[Magdalen] Winding down.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 11 19:22:02 UTC 2017

I'm currently spending my final hours at the work location many of us have been at for the last 21+ years.  I and my boss are the only two non-executive-managerial sorts whose work never stops, so as long as my computer and phone are here, I/we will be too.  I may lose my office chair for the last bit, and sit on a hard, seemingly WWII issue metal chair for the duration.  But more than likely, when the chair goes tomorrow afternoon, I probably will too, and spend the last moments of the week arranging my new cubicle.

I'm really a person of "place" (ala Buechner's "Room Called Remember"), so leaving here is almost bittersweet.  (I wasn't at the old, "original" location long enough to develop much of an attachment to it.)

We're going to "Schilling Place", named after the Schilling plant that used to be on that street.  Smuckers used to be there too.  Salinas used to have all the greats:  Schilling, Smuckers, Nestle, Hershey, Peter-Paul, you name it.  I remember liking it as a kid when the wind would shift and I'd get a whiff of fresh chocolate.

Ah, times.