[Magdalen] nytimes - cyberattacks -

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri May 12 18:19:47 UTC 2017

BREAKING NEWS
Cyberattacks have now been reported in 12 countries, apparently using a
security loophole that emerged from a leak of N.S.A. documents
Friday, May 12, 2017 1:45 PM EDT

An extensive cyberattack struck computers across a wide swath of Europe and
Asia on Friday, and strained the public health system in Britain.
The attack involved ransomware, a kind of malware that encrypts data and
locks out the user. According to security experts, it exploited a
vulnerability that was discovered and developed by the National Security
Agency.

words fail, and I hope cool heads prevail.
Lord Have mercy
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
"Either Freedom for all or stop talking about Freedom at all" from a talk by
Richard Rohr
"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress." F Douglass