[Magdalen] Coffee on monitor moment

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun May 14 05:40:55 UTC 2017

In a message dated 5/13/2017 9:33:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:

​Closest  I got to Dubrovnik was a Balkan restaurant in Heidelberg​. Great
Dubrovnik  Reis.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There was, I understand, great damage to this gem during
the recent Balkan Wars.  They have reportedly gone out of
their way to put it back the way it was.

Reminds me of the direct shelling of Rothenburg o d Tauber
during the course of WW-2.  That destroyed about a quarter
of that priceless town including a big hunk of the city walls.

The walls were repaired, but apparently the destroyed buildings
are not the same as before the War.

David S.