[Magdalen] Cheap US-UK shipping?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue May 23 03:09:22 UTC 2017

Thank you, Brian, for this good advice. Indeed, I haven't found
anything cheaper. Bought a new box today (needed more room for filler
material) and will schlep it over to our terrible Post Office branch
tomorrow. I think I can download a customs form and have that ready,
which may help. Our P.O. branch staff usually seem delighted to be
able to tell a customer they lack a piece of documentation or have
done something wrong. I've experienced more heated arguments there
than anywhere else. Or "Yes, you can apply for a passport here, but
the passport lady is sick today, and our camera is broken, so not
today..." I try to view the place as the set for a twisted sort of
sitcom. And when I use the much closer UPS Store instead, I view the
extra cost as a fee for not having to experience the P.O. branch. But
in this case, the extra cost is too much, so I'll tough it out. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA