[Magdalen] Prayers for Portland

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun May 28 19:16:04 UTC 2017

Mary Sicilia doesn't seem to be active in the pub any more, so I'll take it
upon myself to post this. I'm assuming that by now pretty much everyone has
heard about the horrific events in Portland, where three men were stabbed
by a white domestic terrorist with far-right neo-fascist ties when they
tried to protect two teenage girls, one Muslim and wearing hijab, that he
had been hassling. Two of the men died, one at the scene and one later at
the hospital. The third was seriously wounded but is expected to recover.

Pray for the repose of the dead, Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, 23 years
old, a recent graduate of Reed Colege, and Ricky John Best, aged 53, father
of 4, a 23  year Army veteran and city employee.
Pray for a swift recovery for Micah David-Cole Fletcher, 21, aspiring poet
and pizza shop emplyee. These men are true American heroes.

Pray also for the young girls who were the focus of this horror. They must
be quite traumatized. They were just planning a simple trip uptown.

And pray that justice will be done to the man who is charged with the
murders of the two man and attempted murder of the other.