[Magdalen] Carols/music?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 20:30:02 UTC 2017

It's all a melange to some congregations in the non-Anglican setting.  I remember being with
my family in NW Wisconsin for a Christmas Day worship service in the family Methodist
church.

One of the local dentists was playing organ for the service.  He simply brought
into the church his own Hammond Organ (remember those?), since he was most comfortable
with it.  He began the prelude at the service start with a very jazzed up version of
"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas."  I started to giggle uncontrollably,  which the jabs into
my ribcage via my Aunt Helen were finally able to stop before I caused a general stir.

The rest of the Christmas worship went downhill from that memorable start.

I was sore from repeated giggles by the time we got back home.  It was a mystery
to my family what was so funny.  The concluding "hymn" was "Rudolph the Red
Nosed Reindeer."

David S.