[Magdalen] Supreme Court denies Diocese of South Carolina's motions to rehear and recuse

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 20:54:03 UTC 2017

Thanks, Catharine.  This slog has been long, arduous, and exhausting for
every person on either side.  This decision is a good one.  I saw photos
from your convention on Facebook...you are looking great!  Bp John Buchanan
retired to South Carolina, so I am familiar with the Quincy settlement.
The right people are doing the mediation - a retired federal judge,
chancellors from TEC, TECSC and the Lawrence church, plus the two bishops.
These are the only people who can be there by order of the judge and is
quite a change from the 60 attys Mark Lawrence generally brings with him.
I don't know what comes next, but the USSC more than likely would not hear
the case.  I am hopeful for the future of The Episcopal Church in SC, and
we will all be glad when we can once again call ourselves The Episcopal
Diocese of SC!  Watching and waiting has become a way of life for us, but
we are closer to the end now that this ruling has come down!!

Roger, thanks.  Good Shepherd was delighted to have you celebrate and
preach when you visited Summerville.  We depended on supply clergy to take
every Sunday for the first year and then every other Sunday when we called
a Priest -n-Charge in October 2013.  We now have a 3/4 time P-i-C who is
with us every Sunday.  We rented space for worship for 2 and a half years
from an African American United Methodist Church.  The generosity of these
folks and from churches and clergy from across the church taught us so much
about being Christ's servants. (You are correct that I am no longer on the
Standing Committee...finished my term last week.

Blessings all.
Ginga

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com