[Magdalen] Brother headed for ordination

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 00:04:21 UTC 2017

In Our Diocese, and maybe the whole Episcopal Church, you can’t be ordained priest without a call. When Peter Lee was our bishop, he wouldn’t permit ordination to the transitional diaconate without a call, either. Made for some angst among seniors in seminary who might have been late in getting calls. In our Virginia group that year one woman did not get called to a position until two days before our ordination. She did get ordained with us, but her name wasn’t in the announcements or the bulletin.
I’m not sure what our current bishop’s policy is with regard to the transitional diaconate.