[Magdalen] Brother headed for ordination

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Nov 23 01:43:17 UTC 2017

I agree with Joe (we’ve long been a mutual admiration society), except that
in our diocese, vocational diaconate is very social-ministry and
pastorally-oriented. My perception is that your call is much more
liturgically/ecclesiastically oriented. Dioceses differ on this, and
perhaps your diocese's view is broader/better evolved, and perhaps a
combination of your passions and maybe IT/communication (most dioceses need
a good webmaster, and social media and e-newsletter person, as well as IT
resource) would be a perfect fit for permanent diaconate (and it might also
be a paid position for IT, with liturgical being your unpaid ministry,
though far less than I'm sure you make now, so STY would of course be a
factor).

Can you tell I’m investing a certain amount of energy in this? I guess I
think you might have a vocational call, though I can’t imagine exactly what
it is  - that takes so much input (from God, from you, from the diocese)
that I’m not privy to!

This post is another prayer!