[Magdalen] Brother headed for ordination

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 22 19:09:57 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

I agree with all of Ann's caveats, but I am inwardly glad that these thoughts have crossed your mind. I believe you would be a credit to the ministry and perhaps the permanent diaconate would be a possibility  while maintaining  your secular job  I know of several persons in your position who were called to the diaconate. The best example is our first deacon at St. Mary's who decided on the diaconate after reaching the rank of full bird colonel in the reserves and not being considered for 1 star general was obligated to retire from the military in his early to mid 50's. He and his spouse considered that a sign that his vocation lay elsewhere. I don't remember but he worked for Allstate for years and I don't remember when  he retired from Allstate.

Joe Cirou