[Magdalen] Thanksgiving Greetings

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Nov 23 23:26:04 UTC 2017

I was alone, and not sure I wanted to be. Went to yoga class this morning,
which always makes everything better. Cooked turkey thighs, risotto with
onions, celery, and sage, and a pumpkin pie with no crust. A can of
pumpkin, 2 eggs, a half cup of heavy cream, and pumpkin pie spice, all
whisked together and cooked for a half hour in a bakeware pie plate. Yum.
Made my cranberry/walnut/ celery/lemon jello relish (sugar free) and cream
cheese celery stuffing last night. I’ve got enough food for a week! Got to
watch the Macy's parade (hearkens back to earliest childhood memories) and
the dog show. It has been a good day for me and my little foster doggie 🐶,
a one-eyed, puppy mill Bichon. I am grateful for all of you and the many,
many blessings in my life. Tomorrow I get the keys to my new church!

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wishing you all a very happy and peaceful Thanksgiving with your family
> or friends or however you wish to spend the day.  I am thankful for
> having all y'all in my life.
>
> Don't talk politics!
>
> Marion, a pilgrim
>

> On 11/23/2017 3:42 PM, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> > Happy Thanksgiving to all! Busy midday cooking to bring food-to-share to
> a friend’s house where Jim and I are joining their extend family for dinner
> late afternoon
> > Thankful for all of you here in the pub!
> > Love and peace
> > Lynn
> >
> > On Nov 23, 2017, at 12:21 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Meal:  Crock Pot chili beans (heading out shortly for fixin's; Raley's
> doesn't close till 3:00).
> > Gratefulness for 1:  Quality literature from bygone days, and analog
> recordings.
> > Gratefulness for 2:  Gainful employment, and the possibility of somedayj
> being out of debt.
> > Gratefulness for 3:  This group.  In spite of not feeling like I ever
> quite fit in.  But I think at least some others here would claim the same.
> > Gratefulness for 4:  That holidays go as quickly as they come.
>
> --
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY