[Magdalen] Thanksgiving Greetings

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 02:54:32 UTC 2017

I've been alone today,  by choice and agreement. A large gathering was held
in our home, of a friend and his family among others, and I felt unprepared
both emotionally and physically.  So I opted for two nights of reading and
prayer, and some doing of nothing, in a hotel of a favorite chain
(AmericInn) known for its extra efforts to provide quiet rooms. This one
also happens to be very near one of America's largest shopping malls, so
after starting my work day in the hotel room I'll be checking out and
hightailing it back into the city.

None of this has been in anger... on the contrary, it's a welcome bit of
seclusion while a fine group of people got to gather as well. I got to feed
my introvert needs a bit.