[Magdalen] In South Carolina, it ain't over yet

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 18:25:52 UTC 2017

Well, Mike, I am not clear the date at which their 'betterments' begin,
perhaps at the beginning of the establishment of the Episcopal Church in
South Carolina.  Or, perhaps, when Mark Lawrence disaffiliated from TEC and
demanded the property.  I have not heard from anyone in the diocese about
this.  But, I cannot imagine they have a leg to stand on in either the
state courts or US Supreme Court.  This simply buys them time, but for
what???

Our bishop, +Skip Adams, retired of CNY, continues to take the faithful
path and calls us to seek reconciliation.  I believe that is possible with
some Lawrence church people who will stay with the property no matter
what...which is what they did when the split happened.  Other Lawrence
church people will be so filled with rage and hate, they cannot now even
imagine reconciliation...they certainly do not want to travel that road.
We all need prayers as we navigate this turn on the journey, especially
those who fear change so much that they have already changed dramatically
through the schism.

Ginga Wilder