[Magdalen] silence?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 16:46:19 UTC 2017

I'm here. I check in a couple of times a day and all I find is that my
gmail is inundated with everything BUT pub posts. I had a crazy week last
week, starting with the weekend which was consumed with the Page County
Heritage Festival, where we did very well, the equivalent of a good month
at the gallery, but I managed to get a case of heat exhaustion on the first
day and felt like @#$%^! the whole time. Then rock club on Monday, work at
the gallery on Tuesday and Wednesday, and finally I could breathe on
Thursday.

I guess I can now tell that I am attending an Orthodox church in the area.
It's a very small Old Rite Russian Orthodox Church just up the road in Mt.
Jackson and I have been attending for a couple of months now and going to
adult study classes. I feel very much at home there and am giving serious
thought to being chrismated at some time in the future. The priest, Father
Kyrill, and his wife, Matushka Dena Theodora, are both former Episcopalians
who did *not* leave over things like OW or the prayer book, but simply
because they felt drawn to orthodoxy as I have since I was fairly young.
But I won't leave the Pub!