[Magdalen] Five Hundred Years

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 16:03:43 UTC 2017

In a message dated 10/18/2017 11:43:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

In the  late 1960's, our family hosted an exchange student from
Sweden.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In NW Wisconsin, there are many more of Norwegian
ancestry than those of Swedish.  Therefore visiting groups and
students of all types from Sweden were a problem to place
with sponsor families.  They all wanted Norwegians.

We thus ended up with a Swedish high school level exchange
student who was then a classmate of my son's.  They became very
good friends, and Kirk stood up for Otto's (the Svenska poika)
wedding and vice versa.

Otto's family were members of a rather high Lutheran church
near Uppsala, Sweden, and the local bishop officiated  (yes,
I know the bride and groom are the real presiders) over what
my son, Kirk, described as a glittering ceremony with lots of
incense, bells, copes and a miter.  We pretty much pulled off
the same ceremonial at Grace Church on-the-Capitol-Square,
Madison, for son Kirk's wedding a few months later.

Can't let the Swedes outdo the best from the USA Biretta Belt!

David S.