[Magdalen] Fwd: not Anglican but (re: lymphoma)

anthony clavier anthonyfmclavier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:33:22 UTC 2017

I was first diagnosed with Waldenstroms in 2005 when chemo was the only
treatment. It returned again five years later and I had an autologous stem
cell transplant. It returned early last year and I was put on Imbrovika. I
take three pills at bedtime. It attacks the cancer cells but nothing else.
The only side effects are brittle nails and tiredness. At 77, the latter is
not unusual anyway and a good excuse for nodding of at Conventions and
other pesky meetings. The drug isn't a cure but seems to work with a large
percentage of patients even at the five year mark. It is not yet known how
long the body will tolerate the drug or whether the cancer will become
immune to it.

Waldenstroms is such a rare cancer that it does not attract big bucks for
research in our commercialized approach to medicine. Imbrovika was
developed for leukemia and then discovered to work on Waldenstroms and
multiple myeloma.

Regards,

+Tony