[Magdalen] some good news from Washingtonting y

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 18:07:17 UTC 2017

I may have mentioned this, but I'm not sure. I had a very upset parishioner in my office a couple of weeks ago who had just heard that the Cathedral was considering this.
She was outraged and said this kind of thing was destroying the church, and she and her husband would not be back. (This is a small country Church about 100 miles south of Charlottesville, and they are from Long Island.) She planned to write to the Dean of the Cathedral. I heard her out and explained a bit about the rationale for removing the windows. I also pointed out that the decision had not been made yet. She said, Oh, they'll take them out. You mark my words!"
This past Sunday they were in church, and the man said there were just a lot of things happening in their lives right now, but they weren't planning to leave. So we'll see how this latest news affects them...
She did write a letter to our bishop, who then called to find out what was going on.

There are some things about parish ministry that I haven't missed...